Annual Conference on European Media Law 2023
The conference aims to keep media law practitioners up-to-date by providing an overview of the latest policy developments, legislative initiatives and case law in this field.
- European Commission digital single market and democracy action: achievements and remaining tasks
- The European Media Freedom Act and its impact on the media sector
- The role of journalists as well as private and public service media
- A debate on the set up of supervisory authorities and the role of the European Board for Media Services
- Competition and data in the media sector
- Media literacy
- Latest jurisprudence of the CJEU and ECtHR relevant for the media sector
Panel with VAUNET attendance:
„Freedom to conduct business and editorial freedom of media service providers“
June 1 | 13:45
Starring Claus Grewenig (VAUNET Chairman & Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at RTL Germany), IleasKonteas (Executive Director, EMMA & ENPA, Brussels) and Neus Vidal (Monitoring Officer, European Center for Press and Media Freedom, Berlin).
– Protection of journalistic sources and works
– „Spyware“ and the media
– Editors and publishers
– Transparency of ownership of media service providers
– Protection of media content in the online environment
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice specialised in media law and information technology, in-house counsel and other legal practitioners in the media sector.
If you cannot attend the conference in Trier, you can still join online!
You will be able to interact immediately and directly with our top-quality speakers and other participants.